A Glimpse in to the life, merits and qualities of a great companion of our beloved Nabi ﷺ, Zaynab bint Muhammad رضي الله عنها
Who is Sayyidah Zaynab bint Muhammad رضي الله عنها ?
Name: Sayyidah Zaynab bint Muhammad رضي الله عنها
Born: 29/30 years after our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (23/24 BH)
Demise: 3 years before our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (8 AH)
● Sayyidah Zaynab رضي الله عنها was the beloved daughter of our beloved Nabi ﷺ and was the eldest daughter of our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
● She was born 10 years before our beloved Nabi ﷺ was granted prophethood.
● She was known for her patience and her calm nature.
● She accepted Islam at a very young age along with her beloved mother, Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid رضي الله عنهما.
● She married her cousin, Abul Aas Ibn Rabi’ who initially did not accept Islam. Due to the close relationship and love they shared for one another, Abul Aas Ibn Rabi’ refused to separate from her despite pressure from his family.
● According to some narrations, after the migration, she remained separate from her husband for 6 years. She reunited with him after the battle of Badr when he returned to Madeenah and embraced Islam. Our beloved Nabi ﷺ then remarried them.
● They were blessed with two children whom they named Ali and Umamah رضي الله عنهما. Sayyiduna Ali Ibn Abi Talib رضي الله عنه married Umamah رضي الله عنها after the demise of Fatimah رضي الله عنها.
● Our beloved Nabi ﷺ, with his perfect character, gave her an excellent upbringing. He instilled piety, kindness, patience and countless other excellent qualities and characteristics within her.
● She had extreme love and care for our beloved Nabi ﷺ. Our beloved Nabi ﷺ also loved her much and would often praise her.
● Sayyidah Zaynab رضي الله عنها passed away in the 8th year of Hijrah, at a young age. Our beloved Nabi ﷺ was grieved and gave his own blessed garment for her shroud. Our beloved Nabi then ﷺ led the Janazah salah.
● It has been narrated that she fell ill and was in pain because of an incident that occurred at the time of her miscarriage and it remained until her demise.
Some commentators say as a result of this she died as a martyr
May Allah grant her a lofty status in Jannah and may Allah Ta’ala accept all of her services to deen and reward her on our behalf.