By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Memorise and practice a Hadeeth every week
from the collection of 40 Ahadeeth by Shaykhul Hadeeth Mawlana Muhammad Saleem Dhorat sahib Hafizahullah.
Provisions for the Hereafter
مَنْ يَّتَزَوَّدْ فِي الدُّنْيَا يَنْفَعْهُ فِي الْاٰخِرَةِ
Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said,
“Whoever makes provision (of good actions), in the world, it will benefit him in the Hereafter.”
This world (this life) is a place for us to do good actions and make preparations. The Hereafter (life after death) is where we will see the results of our good and bad actions and be able to benefit from the preparations we made.
In this Hadeeth our beloved Nabi ﷺ is inviting us to make the best preparations possible by doing lots of good actions so that they can help us and benefit us in the Hereafter.
What we learn from this Hadeeth?
1) This world is a place to prepare for the Hereafter.
2) The life Hereafter depends on the actions of this world.
3) The more good we do in this life, the more we will find the next life to be easy for us.
4) Actions have been described as provision which means the actions have to be both suitable (correct) and of good quality (Sincerity).
5) We should always be mindful of the Hereafter, so we can keep preparing.
6) Value every second of this life to enjoy every second of the eternal life.
Some examples of Good actions benefiting us in the Hereafter:
1) Sadaqah (Charity) will be a shade for us on the day of Qiyamah.
2) Kalimah Tayyibah will make our scale of good deeds heavy for us.
3) Reading Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah, La ilaha Illallah or Allahu Akbar will plant a tree for us in Jannah.
4) Surah Mulk will stop the punishment of the grave.
5) Certain actions like worshipping Allah Ta’ala during young age and remaining connected to the Masjid will grant us Allah Ta’ala’s shade on the day of Qiyamah.
6) Remaining connected with the Qur’an (by reading and practicing) will result in the Qur’an arguing in our favour on the day of Qiyamah.
7) Listening and responding to the Adhan will result in paradise, and necessary intercession of our beloved Nabi ﷺ on the day of Qiyamah.