The Surah to Prevent Poverty
Surah Waqi’ah is located in the 27th Juzz of the Glorious Qur’an. It is a Surah which should be read every night and has a very special benefit.
Facts about Surah Waqi’ah
Located: 27th Juzz
Rewards to be Gained:
1) 17,560 Hasanah (Good deeds),
2) Prevents poverty and brings Barakah (blessings) in our wealth.
We should make an effort to recite this Surah every night between Maghrib and bedtime to reap the following special reward:
Prevention from Poverty!!
Sayyiduna Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud radhiyallahu anhu reported that our beloved Nabi ﷺ said: “Whoever recites Surah al-Waqiah every night, he will never be afflicted by poverty. And Ibn Masood radhiyallahu anhu used to order his daughters to read it every night.” (Shu’ab al-Iman).
Fun facts about Surah Waqi’ah:
1. Meaning of Al Waqi’ah
- The inevitable
- The event
- The occurance
This name has been given to this Surah because Allah Ta’ala has mentioned the events of the day of judgement in it, explaining what will be taking place on this day.
2. Main Topics
- Description of the last day
- People being split into 3 groups
- Allah Ta’ala’s Greatness
- What will be the condition of the inhabitants of Jannah
- Description of the beauty of Jannah
- What will Jahannam be like
- Reminder of death
- Reminder of the truth of the Qur’an
- The Greatness of Allah Ta’ala