Sayyiduna Zubayr Ibn Awwam رضي الله عنه (Continued from last week)
Turn over and read
1) Zubayr ibn Awwam رضي الله عنه was very brave and courageous.
2) He was very pious
3) He was very firm on Iman
4) He was extremely generous.
1) Sayyiduna Zubayr Ibn Awwam رضي الله عنه was among the Asharah Mubasharah and he was among the six people chosen to choose the next Khalifah after Sayyiduna Umar’s رضي الله عنه death.
2) He was the first person to draw his sword in defence of Islam.
3) He accepted Islam at a very young age. His father’s brother would tie him and ignite a fire saying: return to your old religion but he would never reply!
4) He participated in every battle which our beloved Nabi ﷺ participated in.
5) Our beloved Nabi ﷺ said, “Verily, every Nabi had a disciple, and verily, my disciple is Zubayr Ibn Awwam رضي الله عنه
6) During the Battle of Badr, our beloved Nabi ﷺ said, the Angels came to assist the Muslims in the appearance of Zubayr Ibn Awwam رضي الله عنه wearing a yellow turban.
7) He was from the very few sahaba whom our beloved Nabi ﷺ said فداك ابي وامي (May my father and mother be sacrificed for you)
8) Sayyiduna Ali رضي الله عنه said, “My ears heard from the beloved mouth of our beloved Nabi ﷺ, that Talha and Zubayr will be my neighbours in Jannah.” (Tirmidhi)