Sayyiduna Talha Ibn Ubaydullah رضي الله عنه (Continued from last week)
Click here to read the last weeks lesson on this great companion رضي الله عنه
Turn over and read
1) Talha ibn Ubaydullah رضي الله عنه was a very courageous companion.
2) He was extremely generous and spent large amounts of his wealth for Islam.
3) He was very respected and intelligent.
4) He was a very successful merchant.
5) He possessed a very high level of trust and showed great devotion to our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
1) On the Day of Uhud, the Messenger of Allah ﷺ due to wearing heavy armour could not climb on to a boulder. Sayyiduna Talha رضي الله عنه lowered himself so our beloved Nabi ﷺ could use him to climb upon the boulder. Our beloved Nabi ﷺ said upon this act of his that Jannah is obligatory for Talha.
2) He participated in the battle of Uhad with our beloved Nabi ﷺ so much so that in protecting and shielding our beloved Nabi ﷺ his arm became paralysed and he suffered a large number of wounds.
3) Our beloved Nabi ﷺ has said about him that whoever desires to see a martyr walking on the ground, let him look at Talha bin Ubaydullah. [Mishkat, Ibn Hisham]
4) He was named amongst the asharah mubashsharah (the 10 promised Jannah)
5) Due to his generosity, he came to be known as “Talha the Generous” and “Talha the Good” for his generosity.
6) He was married to Hamnah bint Jahsh, who was the sister of the mother of believers Zaynab bint Jahash رضي الله عنهما. So by this, he shared a family connection with our beloved Nabi ﷺ.