Sayyiduna Talha Ibn Ubaydullah رضي الله عنه
Listen to “Great Companions Series – Sayyiduna Talha Ibn Ubaydullah رضي الله عنه ” by Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Name: Sayyiduna Talha Ibn Ubaydullah رضي الله عنه
Born: 23 years after our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (28 BH)
Demise: 25 years after our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (36 AH)
● Sayyiduna Talha رضي الله عنه the son of Ubaydullah was an extremely courageous and a generous companion of our beloved Nabi ﷺ
● He accepted Islam in the very early days of Islam, through the invitation of Sayyiduna Abu Bakr al-Siddiq رضي الله عنه and was among the first 8 people to accept Islam.
● Sayyiduna Talha رضي الله عنه was also honoured to be named among the Asharah Mubasharah (the 10 sahaba who were given glad tidings of Jannah while still alive) and also had the honour to participate alongside our beloved Nabi ﷺ in all of the battles after the battle of Badr.
● His love for our beloved Nabi ﷺ can be understood from the battle of Uhud, where he made himself a human shield to protect our beloved Nabi ﷺ from the enemies. As a result of this, he suffered approximately 75 wounds and one of his hands were left paralysed.
● He was also extremely generous and was very selfless. He spent much of his wealth in the path of Allah to acquire His pleasure through which he earnt the titles of Talha-tul-Khayr (Talha the one full of goodness) and Talha-tul-Fayyadh (Talha the very generous one)
● During the time of Umar ibn al-Khattab رضي الله عنه, he was among the six people chosen to choose the next Khalifah after his death.
● After our beloved Nabi ﷺ passed away, he continued to serve the deen and give strength to Islam and it was in the battle of Jamal where he died a martyr.
● He passed away at the age of 64 and is buried in Basra, Iraq
May Allah Ta’ala grant a great amount of reward for all of his services to Rasulullah ﷺ and to deen and give us all the ability to emulate his great companions in every way.
To be continued next week…
Insha’Allah next week we will cover the very special merits and qualities of this great companion رضي الله عنه