By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Memorise and practice a Hadeeth every week
from the collection of 40 Ahadeeth by Shaykhul Hadeeth Mawlana Muhammad Saleem Dhorat sahib Hafizahullah.
One who repents is like one who has no sin
التَّائِبُ مِنَ الذَّنْبِ كَمَنْ لاَ ذَنْبَ لَهُ
Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said,
“The one who repents from sins is like the one who has no sin”
A believer always tries his best to please his creator Allah Ta’ala, and if ever he slips up and does wrong, he will want to make amends by asking forgiveness.
From this Hadeeth, our beloved Nabi ﷺ has given us hope and very good news. No matter what wrong a person does, or how many sins he commits, as long as he is a تائب (a person who has regret, repents and makes a firm intention to never wrong again) he will be completely forgiven!
In fact Allah Ta’ala is so kind that he completely erases the sins from a person’s records. It is as if he never done anything wrong. Subhanallah!
What we learn from this Hadeeth?
1) Allah Ta’ala loves a person who asks forgiveness and loves to forgive.
2) We do wrong all the time, sometimes knowingly and sometimes unknowingly, so it is a good idea to continuously repent to Allah Ta’ala and remain forgiven at all times.
3) Allah Ta’ala is amazingly forgiving. He not only forgives very quickly but he leaves no trace of the sin and will never remind us of our sin after we have asked forgiveness.
4) This basically means a person realises he has done wrong and feels regret, he leaves the wrong and makes intention never to return to it again and asks Allah Ta’ala’s forgiveness.
5) Ulama have mentioned that this is only for when a person disobeys Allah Ta’ala. If a person hurts or harms a person, he must first return anything taken and be forgiven by that person and thereafter ask Allah Ta’ala for forgiveness.
6) For example if a person has missed Salah or has failed to fast in the month of Ramadhan he must make Qadha (fulfils the missed obligations) along with making Tawbah.
1) We must try our best not to do anything wrong.
2) If we do anything wrong, we must make Tawbah immediately.
3) While making Tawbah we must remember the conditions for Tawbah:
i- Remove : Give up all sins.
ii- Regret : Feel regret for having done wrong.
iii- Resolve : Resolve to never sin again.
If the sin was to do with the rights of another person, then there is a fourth condition too:
iv. Restore : Ask that person for forgiveness and restore any rights due to them.
4) We should never do something wrong thinking we will make Tawbah and Allah Ta’ala will forgive us.
5) Be sure never to tell anyone about our wrong actions. It should remain between us and Allah Ta’ala.
6) If we have missed any Fardh or Wajib acts such as Salah or Fasting in Ramadhan etc, we must do Qadha (carry out the missed obligation) as soon as possible.