Memorise and practice a new hadeeth every week!
By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Try to benefit others
خَيْرُ النَّاسِ أَنْفَعُهُمْ لِلنَّاسِ
Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said, “The best person is one who benefits other people.”
People can be of 3 types:
1) People who are neither of benefit to others nor do they harm others.
2) People who always harm others.
3) People who are always benefiting others.
From this hadeeth we learn, Allah Ta’ala likes us to be from the category of people who are always trying to benefit and help others.
Benefits of following this hadeeth:
1) We will make others around us happy.
2) We will gain the duas of others.
3) By helping others, Allah Ta’ala will help us in our affairs.
4) We will be included in the best people.
5) We will be following a Sunnah of our beloved Nabi ﷺ who would always try to help others.
A Pious Alim has said that in the animal kingdom there are 3 types of animals.
1) Cats, birds. etc. Those animals who neither benefit nor cause harm to us.
2) Cows, sheep, horses etc. Those animals who benefit us through milk, fur, or by allowing us to ride upon them.
3) Snakes, scorpions, lions etc. Those animals who harm us if we were to get too close to them.
After explaining this he would say that as far as possible make yourself like the second category of animals and benefit others.
However, if this isn’t within you, then at least be like the first category where you neither benefit nor harm anyone.
Under no circumstance should you become like the third category of animals by causing harm and hurt to others.