Etiquettes of Waking Up
1) Rub the face with the palm of the hands to remove the effects of sleep. (Muslim/Bukhari)
2) Read the du’a for after waking up. (Bukhari) Click here to learn about this dua
3) Recite last ten verses of Surah Aal Imran (Bukhari)
4) Brush one’s teeth with a Miswak upon waking up (Bukhari) Click here to learn about the benefits of Miswak
Note: if Wudhu is done, then use miswak again for Wudhu. As this is a separate Sunnah.
5) Rinse the nose three times as this removes the effects of Shaytan who had entered the nose (Bukhari/Muslim) Click here to learn about this Sunnah
6) Untie three knots tied by shaytan while we slept by,
a) making zikr,
b) doing wudhu
c) performing salah. Click here to learn about this Sunnah and it’s benefits.