Benefits of reading Istighfar
Listen to “Benefits of daily Istighfar” by Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Allah loves those who beg His forgiveness and therefore reading istighfar is among the very special practices loved by Allah Ta’ala. It expresses a sense of weakness before Allah Ta’ala and shows Him we are in need of Him.
It is no wonder our beloved Nabi ﷺ would read istighfar 100 times daily even though he would never do anything wrong!
The basic words of Istighfar are:
One can read the longer version too which is:
اَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ رَبِّی مِنْ کُلِّ ذَنْبٍ وَ اَتُوبُ اِلَیْه
Astaghfirullaha rabbi min kulli dhanbin wa atoobu ilayh
Let us look at a few benefits and virtues of reading istighfar:
1. Istighfar results in happiness in our lives.
2. Istighfar removes anxiety and results in our duas being answered.
3. Istighfar opens the doors of sustenance for us.
4. Istighfar attracts the mercy of Allah Ta’ala.
5. Istighfar gives us strength and ability to stay away from sins.
Did you know? Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه had a string with 1000 knots and he would read istighfar for each knot on this string!