A Glimpse in to the life, merits and qualities of the mother of the believers, Khadeejah Bint Khuwaylid رضي الله عنها.
Listen to “Khadeejah Bint Khuwaylid رضي الله عنہا ” by Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Who is Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid رضي الله عنہا ?
- Name: Khadeejah Bint Khuwaylid رضي الله عنہا
- Titles: Al-Kubra, Tahira and Ummul Mu’mineen
- Born: 15 years before our beloved nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (78 years BH)
- Demise: 13 years before our beloved nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (3 years BH)
- Khadeejah رضي الله عنہا the daughter of Khuwaylid was the wife of our beloved Nabi ﷺ .
- She was a very caring, compassionate, hard working woman who was also very intelligent.
- She gave much needed strength and support to our beloved Nabi ﷺ at very crucial and difficult stages during the early days of prophethood and for this reason she received the title Al-Kubra (The Great)
- She was the first person (from men and women) to accept Islam.
- Being our beloved Nabi ﷺ ‘s wife and also a companion she had a lot of love for our beloved Nabi ﷺ and gave great support to our beloved Nabi ﷺ both morally and financially.
- One of her great achievements was the role she played when our beloved Nabi ﷺ returned home with prophethood. He was understandably confused and a little shaken. She handled the situation in a remarkable manner that very few, if any could have handled.
- She passed away in Makkah Mukarramah at the age of 65 years and was buried in jannatul mualla .
- After her demise our beloved Nabi ﷺ would always remember her very fondly and would speak of her in glowing terms.
Turn over and read
The year of her passing away, was a very difficult year for our beloved Nabi ﷺ as during this year he lost two very important figures of support for him;
- His uncle Abu Talib
- His beloved wife Khadeejah رضي الله عنہا
It is for this reason, this year is known as 'aamul huzn' which means the 'year of sorrow'
Turn over and read
- She was very intelligent and wise
- Very caring and Kind
- Very generous, spending in the poor.
- Supported our beloved Nabi ﷺ
- First person to accept Islam
Her mention in the Hadeeth:
1) Jibrael ‘alayhis salâm was seated with our beloved Nabi ﷺ on one occasion when Jibrail ‘alayhis salām said to our beloved Nabi ﷺ:
“This is Khadijah coming to you with a dish having meat soup (or some food or drink). When she reaches you, greet her on behalf of her Lord and on my behalf and give her the glad tidings of having a house made of pearls in Paradise, wherein there will be neither any noise nor any hard work”
(Saheeh al-Bukhari & Saheeh Muslim)
2) Our beloved Nabi ﷺ said:
The best of women among the people of Paradise are
1) Khadieeah bint Khuwaylid, 2) Fatimah bint Muhammad , 3) Maryam bint ‘Imran, and 4) ‘Asiyah bint Muzahim, the wife of Pharaoh.”
Famous Words of Khadeejah رضي الله عنہا :
When our beloved Nabi ﷺ returned home after receiving prophethood, he was confused and did not know what was going to happen now. Khadeejah رضي الله عنہا said some very special words to him:
“Never! By Allah, Allah Ta’aala will never disgrace you; By Allah, you join ties of relationship, you speak the truth, you bear people’s burden, you see to the needs of the needy/destitute, you are hospitable to guests and you help in the problems and difficulties which are experienced in the path of the truth.”