Memorise and practice a new hadeeth every week!
By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Reward for Building a Masjid
مَنْ بَنَى مَسْجِدًا لِلَّهِ بَنَى اللَّهُ لَهُ بَيْتًا فِي الْجَنَّةِ
Sayyiduna Uthman Ibn Affan رضي الله عنه reports that our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said, “ Whoever builds a mosque for the sake of Allah, Allah will build for him a house in Paradise.”
Note: In another narration in Ibn Majah we find the addition of the words. كَمَفْحَصِ قَطَاةٍ أَوْ أَصْغَرَ
“like (the size of) a sparrow’s nest or even smaller” which indicates that even contributing a small amount towards the building of a masjid brings the same reward.
Building a masjid or contributing towards the building of a masjid are both very rewarding acts. In fact, these two acts are so liked by Allah Ta’ala that in return He builds a house for us in Jannah!
What we need to remember though is, this is only true if our intention is pure, and we do this action only to please Allah Ta’ala. If done to show others or for name and fame, then despite all the great rewards on offer a person will remain empty-handed.
Benefits of following this hadith:
1) We will get the reward of spending our wealth in the path of Allah Ta’ala.
2) Allah Ta’ala will build a house for us in Jannah.
3) We will Inshaallah be guaranteed entry in Jannah as we have a house waiting for us in it.
4) Allah Ta’ala will be very happy with us.
5) For as long as this Masjid remains in use, we will gain reward during our lifetime and also after our death.