Planting a Tree
Trees play a very important role for humans and animals alike. What is most amazing is by just planting a tree we can make a huge investment in the Hereafter and earn continuing rewards. In fact, it is such a special act that our beloved Nabi ﷺ said it is a form of Charity!
Let us look at this act and understand its reward mentioned in the Hadeeth:
Our beloved Nabi ﷺ said:
“There is none amongst the Muslims who plants a tree or sows seeds, and then a bird, or a person or an animal eats from it, but is regarded as a charitable gift for him.” (Bukhari)
Another Hadith mentions:
‘Whoever plants a tree and patiently maintains it and tends to it until its fruition, every single fruit consumed from that tree is regarded by Allah as charity (reward for him).’ (Kanzul Ummal)
Such an amazing reward that every time a creation of Allah ta’ala eats from this tree (or benefits from it in anyway) the person who planted it will gain a reward. Let’s imagine how many humans, birds and thousands of insects many of which we can not even see benefit from the trees every day!
Some more benefits of Planting a Tree:
– You will benefit many humans and animals which will make Allah Ta’ala happy too.
– You will benefit the environment.
– Trees give us oxygen, store carbon, stabilise the soil and provide for many creatures.
– Trees are a source for buildings, shelter, tools and furniture.
– Without trees, there would be no paper without which so much of what we know would not have reached us.