By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Memorise and practice a Hadeeth every week
from the collection of 40 Ahadeeth by Shaykhul Hadeeth Mawlana Muhammad Saleem Dhorat sahib Hafizahullah.
Serve your guests
مَنْ كَانَ يُؤْمِنُ بِاللّٰهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الاٰخِرِ فَلْيُكْرِمْ ضَيْفَهُ
Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said,
“Whoever believes in Allah and the last day should honour his guest.”
Kindness is a natural part of every believer who will always make an effort to look after and help others.
From this Hadeeth, we learn that one way of showing this kindness is through entertaining guests and serving them.
What we learn from this Hadeeth?
1) A big part of Islam and Iman is showing kindness to others.
2) The more kindness a person possesses, the more stronger his or her Iman will be.
3) Hosting guests is among the acts of kindness.
4) We should look forward to opportunities to entertain guests.
5) We should be generous invite guests with a lot of happiness
6) We should remember that entertaining our guests is a way to please Allah Ta’ala and earn us great reward.
1) Look for opportunities to have guests.
2) When we have guests, think of it as a great fortune and favour from Allah Ta’ala.
3) Do as much as possible for them during their stay and try to make their stay as comfortable as possible.
4) If food is less, give preference to the guests.