Sayyidah Juwairiyyah Bint al-Harith رضي الله عنها
Listen to “Sayyiduna Sa’eed Ibn Zayd رضي الله عنه” by Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Name: Sayyidah Juwairiyyah Bint al-Harith رضي الله عنها
Born: 38 years after our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (15 BH)
Demise: 39 years after our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (50 AH)
● Sayyidah Juwayriyyah رضي الله عنها was the daughter of al-Harith Ibn Diraar رضي الله عنه who was the chief of the Banu Mustalaq tribe.
● She was known for her respect, piety, intelligence and beauty.
● Her original name was Barra, but our beloved Nabi ﷺ changed her name to Juwayriyyah.
● She first married Musafi Ibn Safwan who was a very influential person.
● After the demise of her husband during the expedition of Muray’see, she was held as a captive and became a slave to Thabit Ibn Qays radhiyallahu anhu but our beloved Nabi ﷺ married her and freed her.
● She married our beloved Nabi ﷺ at the age of 20, and she was the youngest of the wives of our beloved Nabi ﷺ after Ai’shah رضي الله عنها.
● She lived with our beloved Nabi ﷺ for many years and took the responsibility of the household and family of our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
● She had extreme love and care for our beloved Nabi ﷺ. She supported him immensely and was eager to practice upon the sayings of our beloved Nabi ﷺ and she would encourage others to do the same.
● She also narrated many ahadeeth from our beloved Nabi ﷺ. She had a lot of love for salah and would spend hours remembering Allah Ta’ala.
● After the demise of our beloved Nabi ﷺ, she lived for many years. During this time, she stayed in Madeenah and served Islam.
● Sayyidah Juwayriyyah رضي الله عنها passed away at the age of 65 in Madeenah during the reign of Marwan Ibn Hakam. She is buried in Jannatul Baqi.
May Allah grant her a lofty status in Jannah and may Allah Ta’ala accept all of her services to deen and reward her on our behalf
To be continued next week…
Insha’Allah next week we will cover the very special merits and qualities of this great companion رضي الله عنها