By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Memorise and practice a Hadeeth every week
from the collection of 40 Ahadeeth by Shaykhul Hadeeth Mawlana Muhammad Saleem Dhorat sahib Hafizahullah.
A Believer's weapon is Du'a
الدُّعَاءُ سِلَاحُ الْمُؤْمِنِ
Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said,
“Du’a is the weapon of the believer”
A weapon is used to either protect a person or to give the person advantage over others.
Our beloved Nabi ﷺ has said thay Du’a (asking our needs from Allah Ta’ala) is a believers weapon because it attracts the help of Allah Ta’ala and makes whatever a person intends to do easy.
What we learn from this Hadeeth?
1) No matter the weapons available to a believer, the most reliable weapon will always be Du’a.
2) No matter how good a weapon is, it is only beneficial when a person learns how to use it. A believer must therefore learn how to make Du’a.
3) A weapon can only be praised if it works and fulfils its purpose (which is to protect a person). By saying Du’a is a believer’s true weapon, we can understand that if used correctly it will always help.
4) No matter what help and support a believer has, he will always turn to Allah for help.
5) No matter how difficult a situation, there is no reason to lose hope. Rather we should turn to and keep our trust in Allah Ta’ala.
1) Learn to make du’a by learning the Sunan and Adab related to Du’a such as praising Allah Ta’ala and reading Durood when making Du’a etc.
2) Make Du’a during times of acceptance such as after Fardh Salah, during Tahajjud time etc.
3) Make du’a whenever we have a need.
4) Memorise as many prophetic Du’a as possible and use them while making dua.
5) Ask others to make du’a for us, especially our parents and pious people.