A Glimpse in to the life, merits and qualities of a great companion of our beloved Nabi ﷺ, Sa’eed Ibn Zayd رضي الله عنه
Who is Sayyiduna Sa'eed Ibn Zayd رضي الله عنه ?
- Name: Sayyiduna Sa’eed Ibn Zayd رضي الله عنه
- Born: 31 years after our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (22 BH)
- Demise: 40 years after our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (51 AH)
● Sayyiduna Sa’eed رضي الله عنه , the son of Zayd Ibn Amr was an extremely brave and courageous companion of our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
● He was married to Fatimah bint al-Khattab who was the sister of Sayyiduna Umar Ibn al-Khattab رضي الله عنه. They both accepted Islam in the very early days of Islam. They were the 12th and 13th persons to accept Islam, and they were the means of Umar Ibn al-Khattab accepting Islam.
● Sa’ eed Ibn Zayd رضي الله عنه is among the Asharah Mubasharah (the 10 sahaba who were promised Jannah). He also performed the Hijrah to Madeenah al-Munawwarah.
● He had the honour to participate in all the major battles except the battle of Badr in which he was sent on another important job by our beloved Nabi ﷺ, but he is still regarded as a participant of Badr.
● He was known for his courage and his power to bring up the morale in Muslims.
● He was known to be ‘Mustajabu al-Da’awat’ (one whose prayers are readily answered).
● He had extreme love for our beloved Nabi ﷺ and sacrificed his entire life for the safety and comfort of our beloved Nabi ﷺ through which he was promised Jannah.
● He was also sent as a governer to Damascus for a short while during the time by Sayyiduna Umar رضي الله عنه.
● Sa’eed Ibn Zayd رضي الله عنه passed away at al-Aqiq at the age of 70. His body was carried back to Madeenah al-Munawwarah by Sa’d Ibn Abee Waqqas and Abdullah Ibn Umar رضي الله عنهما and is buried in Jannatul Baqi
May Allah Ta’ala grant a great amount of reward for all of his services to Rasulullah ﷺ and to deen and give us all the ability to emulate his great companions in every way.
Turn over and read
1) Sayyiduna Sa'eed Ibn Zayd رضي الله عنه was extremely courageous and brave
2) He had great leadership skills.
3) He had little interest with the things of this world.
4) He was very trustworthy.
5) He was very intelligent.
Turn over and read
1) Sa’eed Ibn Zayd رضي الله عنه is among the early people who accepted Islam.
2) He is also among the Asharah Mubasharah (the 10 sahaba who were promised Jannah)
3) He was fortunate to carry out the hijrah twice, first to Abyssinia and then to Madeenah.
4) He was known to be ‘Mustajabu Al-Da’awat’ (one whose prayers are readily answered).
5) He was made Leader and governor many times due to his praiseworthy qualities.
6) He also had the honour to participate in the majority of the battles in which our beloved Nabi ﷺ participated in.
Ibn Sa’ad abd Ibn Ishaq رحمهم الله mention the famous story of how Umar رضي الله عنه accepted Islam.
They say he left his house with the intention of murdering our beloved Nabi ﷺ. Along the way he came to know that his sister and her husband Sa’eed Ibn Zayd رضي الله عنها had accepted Islam. So he changed his direction and went to see them first.
Umar رضي الله عنه arrived and exerted force but they borh remained firm and in the end Umar رضي الله عنه himself accepted Islam.