A Glimpse in to the life, merits and qualities of a great companion of our beloved Nabi ﷺ, Sayyiduna Sa’ad Ibn Mu’adh رضي الله عنه
Listen to “Sayyiduna Sa’ad Ibn Mu’adh رضي الله عنه ” by Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Who is Sayyiduna Sa'ad Ibn Mu'adh رضي الله عنه ?
- Name: Sayyiduna Sa’ad Ibn Mu’adh رضي الله عنه
- Title: Abu Amr
- Born: 23 years after our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (32 BH)
- Demise: 6 years before our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (5 AH)
● Sayyiduna Sa’ad the son of Muadh رضي الله عنه was a very brave and courageous companion of our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
● Prior to accepting Islam, he was the chief of the Aws tribe. Due to this, he was also known as Sayyidul Aws (meaning: leader of the Aws tribe)
● He was gifted with the blessing of Islam after the pledge of Aqabah. He accepted Islam at the hands of Mus’ab Ibn Umayr رضي الله عنه. He was 31 years old at the time.
● After accepting Islam, he gave the Muslims of Madeenah great strength and support. He very quickly became an important figure after the Muslims migrated to Madeenah.
● After accepting Islam, despite having only 5-6 years with our beloved Nabi ﷺ he done a lot for Islam and earned great rewards.
● He was honoured with the opportunity to participate in the battle of Badr where he fought very courageously.
● He also participated in the battle of trenches. It was during this battle that he was fatally wounded and a few days later he passed away. He was only 37 years old at the time.
● He has been buried in Jannatul Baqi and our beloved Nabi ﷺ told the Sahabah that he was so special in the eyes of Allah Ta’ala that 70,000 angels participated in his Janazah!
May Allah Ta’ala grant Sayyiduna Sa’ad Ibn Muadh رضي الله عنه a great amount of reward for all of his services to Rasulullah ﷺ and to deen and give us all the ability to emulate these great companions.
Turn over and read
1) Sayyiduna Sa'ad Ibn Mu'adh رضي الله عنه was a natural born leader.
2) He was stern and passionate about the truth.
3) He was extremely courageous and brave.
4) He was just and fair in his decision making.
5) After Islam he became dedicated to our beloved Nabi ﷺ and the Muslims.
Turn over and read
1.) Jabir bin Abdullah says that he heard Rasulullah ﷺ say: The Throne of the Allah Ta'ala shook because of the death of Sa'ad bin Mu'adh. (Bukhari)
2.) He was such a lofty person that 70,000 angels participated in his Janzazah salah.
3.) Rasulullah ﷺ was gifted a silk garment. The Sahabah رضي الله عنهم began to touch it and they were amazed at it’s fine quality. Nabi ﷺ asked, ‘Do you admire the softness of this garment? The handkerchiefs of Sa’d ibn Mu’adh رضي الله عنه in Jannah are [better and] softer than this. (Bukhari)
4) When he passed away, Our beloved Nabi ﷺ said to him, “ May Allah reward you in the best way, You fulfilled all the promises you made to Allah Ta’ala. Surely, Allah Ta’ala will fulfil all His promises.”
5) At the news of his passing away, the companions were grieved to such an extent that Sayyiduna Abu Bakr and Umar رضي الله عنهما wept and our beloved Nabi ﷺ held his beard to control himself in sorrow. (Siyar A’lam Nubala)