By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Memorise and practice a Hadeeth every week
from the collection of 40 Ahadeeth by Shaykhul Hadeeth Mawlana Muhammad Saleem Dhorat sahib Hafizahullah.
Truth and Piety
إِنَّ الصِّدْقَ يَهْدِيْ إِلَى الْبِرّ , وَإِنَّ الْبِرَّ يَهْدِيْ إِلَى الْجَنَّة
Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said,
“Indeed truthfulness leads to piety, and indeed piety leads to Jannah”
A believer doesn’t lie and is always expected to speak the truth no matter what the circumstances are. For a believer, truthfulness is not only a part of good character but it is the foundation of piety.
From this Hadeeth, we learn to always speak the truth because truthfulness leads to good actions, which in turn leads a person to Jannah.
What we learn from this Hadeeth?
1) Always speak the truth.
2) The quality of truthfulness is not only a part of good character but it helps a person towards piety and good actions.
3) ‘Bir’ which means piety and good actions, is required to enter Jannah.
4) Every action has an effect. Good actions help towards piety and bad actions take a person away from piety.
5) Honesty is not just about what we speak. It is an internal quality which makes a person always want to be honest.
6) Piety is not for the special people or old people etc. Piety is for every believer.
1) Aim to always speak the truth
2) Think before saying anything to avoid speaking a lie.
3) No matter how tempting it is to lie, be strong and avoid lying.
4) Work towards becoming pious and doing good actions.
5) Do not underestimate good actions. Every good action will bring a special blessing into one’s life.