Du’a after Adhaan
When we hear the Adhaan, we know it is time for Salah and we begin preparations for Salah.
It is also a time for us to direct our minds away from our worldly activities, towards our Creator Allah Ta’ala.
There is a very special Du’a we can all read after hearing the full Adhaan and by doing so we can gain a very special reward.
Our beloved Nabi ﷺ has told us, that after hearing Adhaan whoever listens to the Adhaan, answers to it and thereafter replies to it, he will receive the intercession (help) of our beloved Nabi ﷺ on the day of Qiyamah.
Dua after Adhaan
اَللّٰھُمَّ رَبَّ ھٰذِہِ الدَّعْوَۃِ التَّامَّةِ وَالصَّلَاۃِ الْقَائِمَةِ اٰتِ مُحَمَّدَنِ الْوَسِيلَةَ وَ الْفَضِيلَةَ وَابْعَثْهُ مَقَامًا مَّحْمُوْدَنِ الَّذِیْ وَعَدْتَّهُ اِنَّکَ لَاتُخْلِفُ الْمِیْعَادَ
Allahumma rabba hazihid da’watit tammah, wassalatil qa’imah, ati muhammadanil waseelata, wal fadheelata, wab’ath-hu maqamam mahmoodanil lazee wa’adtahu innaka latukhliful mee’ad.
Translation: “O Allah, Lord of this perfect call and everlasting prayer, Grant Muhammad ﷺ the intercession and the virtue, and raise him to the praised position which You have promised him. Verily, You do not go against Your promise.”
Method of reading this Du’a
When you hear the Adhaan:
1. Stop and Listen to the words of the Adhaan very carefully and attentively. (This means stops whatever you are doing and give your full attention to the Adhaan)
2. Reply to Every part of the Adhaan. To do this, repeat the same words you hear of the Adhaan except in 3 places.
Hayya ‘alas Salah and Hayya ‘alal Falah. Where in both places we will read ‘Lahawla wala quwwata illa billah’ لاَ حَوْلَ وَلاَ قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِاللَّه.
In fajr salah for ‘As Salatu khayrum minan nawm’ say صَدَقْتَ وَبَرَرْتَ ‘Sadaqta wabararta’.
3. Finally, after the Adhaan read durood and the above Du’a.
Benefits of replying to the Adhaan and reading this Du’a:
1) We will be remembering Allah Ta’ala.
2) We will be better prepared for Salah.
3) We will be praising Allah Ta’ala and our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
4) We will receive the intercession of our beloved Nabi ﷺ on the day of Qiyamah.
5) We will enter Jannah due to our Nabi ﷺ’s intercession.