Sayyiduna Sa'ad Ibn Mu'adh رضي الله عنه
Listen to “Great Companions Series – Sayyiduna Sa’ad Ibn Mu’adh رضي الله عنه ” by Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Name: Sayyiduna Sa’ad Ibn Mu’adh رضي الله عنه
Title: Abu Amr
Born: 23 years after our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (32 BH)
Demise: 6 years before our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (5 AH)
● Sayyiduna Sa’ad the son of Muadh رضي الله عنه was a very brave and courageous companion of our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
● Prior to accepting Islam, he was the chief of the Aws tribe. Due to this, he was also known as Sayyidul Aws (meaning: leader of the Aws tribe)
● He was gifted with the blessing of Islam after the pledge of Aqabah. He accepted Islam at the hands of Mus’ab Ibn Umayr رضي الله عنه. He was 31 years old at the time.
● After accepting Islam, he gave the Muslims of Madeenah great strength and support. He very quickly became an important figure after the Muslims migrated to Madeenah.
● After accepting Islam, despite having only 5-6 years with our beloved Nabi ﷺ he done a lot for Islam and earned great rewards.
● He was honoured with the opportunity to participate in the battle of Badr where he fought very courageously.
● He also participated in the battle of trenches. It was during this battle that he was fatally wounded and a few days later he passed away. He was only 37 years old at the time.
● He has been buried in Jannatul Baqi and our beloved Nabi ﷺ told the Sahabah that he was so special in the eyes of Allah Ta’ala that 70,000 angels participated in his Janazah!
May Allah Ta’ala grant Sayyiduna Sa’ad Ibn Muadh رضي الله عنه a great amount of reward for all of his services to Rasulullah ﷺ and to deen and give us all the ability to emulate these great companions.
To be continued next week…
Insha’Allah next week we will cover the very special merits and qualities of this great companion رضي الله عنه