Once again Allah Ta’aala has given us Friday, which we know as Jumu’ah. This is the best day of the week, so it’s only right that we do the best actions we can on this day. Let us look at a hadeeth containing some actions for Jum’uah and a very special virtue:
Sayyiduna Abu Hurayra and Abu Sa’id al-Khudri رضي الله عنهما both relate that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: Whoever (does the following on a Friday):
- Has a bath on Friday,
- Puts on the best of his clothes,
- Applies perfume if he has any,
- Then attends Friday prayer without crossing over people’s necks,
- Then performs what Allah has prescribed for him (i.e Salah),
- Then remains silent from the time his Imam comes out [to deliver the sermon] until he finishes his prayer,
It will make amends for his [minor] sins committed in between this Friday prayer and the Friday prayer of the previous week.”
(Sunan Abi Dawud no: 347, Musnad Ahmad, and Mustadrak of al-Hakim no: 1084)
The weather is always changing and all forms of weather conditions are a blessing from Allah Ta’ala. When the sun shines it brings many blessings and when the rain or snow falls it brings with it other many blessings.
However, some weather conditions make us scared and remind as of the punishment of Allah Ta’ala.
Our beautiful Nabi ﷺ has taught us amazing duas.
We will Insha’Allah be sharing duas occasionally related to the weather. Please learn them and read them.
Today let us a look at the dua for when the wind blows (as it has been extremely windy here in the UK since yesterday)
Our beloved Nabi ﷺ said regarding strong winds:
“The wind is from the mercy of Allah. It brings mercy and brings punishment. When you see it, do not curse it. Ask Allah Ta’ala for it’s good and seek refuge in Allah for it’s evil.”
By reading the following amazing du’a, whenever it is windy, Insha’allah we will be able to practice upon this special advice our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
Dua when the wind blows
اللَّهمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَهَا، وَخَيْرَ مَا فِيْهَا، وَخَيْرَ مَا أُُرْسِلَتْ بِهِ، وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّهَا، وَشَرِّ مَا فِيْهَا، وَشَرِّ مَا أُُرْسِلَتْ بِهِ
‘Allahumma inni as ‘aluka khayraha, wa khayra ma fīhā, wa khayra ma ursilat bihi, wa audhu bika min sharriha, wa sharri ma fīhaa, wa sharri ma ursilat bih.’
Translation: “O Allah, I ask you of the goodness of this wind, and the goodness it contains and the goodness with which it has been sent, and I seek Your refuge from its harm, and the harm that it contains, and the harm with which it has been sent“. (Muslim)
Some benefits of reading this dua:
1) We will be following a Sunnah of our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
2) We will be remembering Allah Ta’ala at a time when we may feel scared.
3) We will gain the good of whatever the wind will bring and be saved from whatever harm the wind was to bring.
4) We will be following the advice of our amazing Nabi ﷺ.