Inspire Me with My Name
Have you ever wondered what your name means and what effect your name should be having in you?
One of the reasons for keeping good names is so that the quality of that name comes inside us. For example, Saajid means the person who prostrates and does sajdah. So with this beautiful name, it is hoped this person will become someone who worships Allah Ta’ala and makes lots of sajdah.
Another example is Maryam. This name belongs to Isa’s عليه السلام mother and she was very pure and pious. So keeping this name will Insha’Allah inspire the person to be pure and pious.
So let us look at our names and see what we can find and let’s be inspired by it!
What you need to do:
1) Firstly, you will need to check if your name belonged to any Prophet or companion of our beloved Nabi ﷺ or anyone pious. If not then do not worry, pick any Prophet or companions name.
To help you out, have a look at our section on the great companions: Click here to read more
2) Once you have a name ready download the template:
3) Have a read of the example template we have provided by using the name Khadija.
This will Insha’Allah give you an idea as to how you should fill yours in.
4) Once you are ready, start filling the blank template. Find out the person who this name belonged to and see how it can inspire you.
Once you have done this, send us your final work.
Tomorrow we will be making a bookmark with this name Insha’Allah!
A short dua with many rewards
Allah is very kind and gives us lots of rewards in return for doing some very simple and quick actions. The following dua is a very good example of this:
لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ ۔ لَهُ الْمُلْکُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَ ھُوَ عَلٰی کُلِّ شَیءٍ قَدِیْرٌ
By reading this dua 100 times daily we will receive 5 great benefits:
1. Reward of freeing 10 slaves.
2. The Reward of 100 good deeds are written for us.
3. 100 minor sins will be erased for us.
4. We will be safeguarded and protected from shaytaan till the evening.
5. No one will exceed him in going actions and rewards, except for that person who does more actions than him.