Memorise and practice a new hadeeth every week!
By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Salaah is the key to Jannah
مِفْتَاحُ الْجَنَّةِ الصَّلاَةُ
Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said, “The Key to paradise (Jannah) is salaah”
We all want to go to Jannah, and we know, it is good actions which will take us there.
However, there is no action which quite ranks as high as performing the 5 times daily salaah; at its appointed time, with both heart and mind present, with complete cleanliness and in the manner taught to us by our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
In this hadeeth, we learn that salaah is so important that it is the key to entering Jannah.
A few other ahadeeth and Quran verses teach us the importance of salaah by saying:
● Performing salah is the difference between belief and disbelief (Muslim)
● Once in salah, a believer is talking to Allah Ta’ala (Bukhari)
● On the Day of Qiyamah the first thing we will be questioned about is salaah (Tabrani)
● Salaah keeps one (away) from the great sins and evil deeds” (Qur’an 29:45)
● The closest a believer comes to Allah Ta’ala is in the position of sajdah (Bukhari)
● Salaah illuminates the heart and will bring a person light and salvation on the Day of Qiyamah. (Kanzul ummal)
● The 5 times salaah cleans a person from minor sins, just like a person who cleans himself from dirt by bathing 5 times a day
Let us hold fast to the 5 times salaah and also offer as many optional salaah as possible too.