Du’a after eating
Thanking Allah Ta’aala is very important, and we should do this regularly. After all, He’s the One Who gives us everything, and He, therefore, deserves to be praised and thanked. But more often than that, we will forget and for this reason, our amazing Nabi ﷺ has taught us dua’s of praise for the end of almost every action.
Food and drink are prime examples of blessings from Our Merciful Allah which deserves Praise and Glorify to Him. Thankfully we have an amazing Nabi ﷺ who has taught us just how to do this through supplications after eating. One such supplication is:
Dua after eating
الْحَمْدُ لله الَّذِي أَطْعَمَنَا، وَسَقَانَا، وَجَعَلَنَا مُسْلِمِينَ
Alhamdulilahil ladhee at’amana, wasaqana, waja’alana Muslimeen
Translation: “All Praise be to Allah Who has fed us and given us drink and made us Muslims.”
Note: This Dua should be read after every meal whether it is a snack or a main meal of the day.
Benefits of this Dua:
1) By praising Allah Ta’aala we gain His pleasure.
2) We are thanking Allah Ta’aala for not one, but 3 blessings.
a) for the blessings of food, he has given us
b) for the blessing of drink/water granted to us.
c) for the blessing of Islam.
3) A daily reminder that though food and drink are important, it is Islam that is most important.
4) Through this dua we will remind our self of everything coming from Allah Ta’ala.
5) The more we will thank Allah Ta’aala, the more Allah Ta’aala will give us!
Amazing right?! So, let’s learn this amazing dua and be sure to read it after every meal!