Sayyidah Umme Salama رضي الله عنها (Continued from last week)
1) Sayyidah Umme Salama رضي الله عنها was brave in matters of deen and was not fearful of acting upon Allah Ta’ala’s commands.
2) She was very knowledgable and learnt many teachings from our beloved nabi ﷺ and conveyed them to others.
3) She was known for her generosity and encouraged others to do the same.
4) She was very particular in enjoining good and forbidding evil.
5) She was a very wise woman and her wisdom showed at the time of Hudaybiyyah when she gave an advice to our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
1) She was among the first to carry out the great task of hijrah (migration) from Makkah to Madeenah
2) She was amongst the few companions who carried out two Hijrah. (To Abyssinia and also to Madeenah)
3) Mahmud Ibn Labid رحمه الله says: The beloved wives of our beloved nabi ﷺ used to memorise many ahadeeth. But none could compare with Sayyidah Aishah and Sayyidah Umme Salama رضي الله عنها (They both memorized and narrated the most. Sayyidah Aisha رضي الله عنها narrating 2,210 Ahadeeth and Sayyidah Umme Salama رضي الله عنها narrating 378 Ahadeeth )
4) She was very particular with regards to the commandments of Allah Ta’ala and she also paid great attention to nurturing her children.
Did you know? She was the last of the beloved wives of our beloved nabi ﷺ to pass away.
The Dua of Sayyidah Umme Salama رضي الله عنها
When Sayyidah Umme Salama’s رضي الله عنها husband passed away she read the following dua:
إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُوْنَ، اَللَّهُمَّ أْجُرْنِيْ فِيْ مُصِيْبَتِيْ وَأَخْلِفْ لِيْ خَيْرًا مِنْهَا
She believed she would never find a better husband than Sayyidah Abu Salama رضي الله عنه.
But through this dua, Allah Ta’ala gave her a far better husband. Sayyidah Umme Salama رضي الله عنها married our beloved Nabi ﷺ! Obviously, no husband could have been better than Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ!
Story of her wisdom and intelligence
Sayyidah Ummme Salama رضي الله عنها was a very intelligent and wise companion. On the occasion of the peace treaty of Hudaybiyyah, the Muslims were upset at not being allowed to perform Umrah and could not see the wisdom in returning without performing umrah after being so close to Makkah.
For this reason, the companions refused to remove their ihram and wanted to continue with their umrah.
Our beloved Nabi ﷺ consulted Sayyidah Umme Salamah رضي الله عنها regarding this dilemma and she said, ‘O Messenger of Allah ﷺ! Go out of your tent, sacrifice your animal, shave your head and come out of your Ihram’.
Our beloved Nabi ﷺ did just this and the companions copied our beloved Nabi ﷺ and they all too come out of their Ihram!