Benefits of Reading Surah Kahf
Facts about Surah Kahf
Located: 15th and 16th Juz
Rewards to be gained:
1) 63,600 Hasanah (Good deeds)
2) Safety from the trial of Dajjal
3) Special light from Allah Ta’ala
What are the benefits of reading this surah on Friday?
Let’s look at two benefits:
The first benefit of reading Surah Kahaf is that the one who recites this Surah on Jumu’ah (Friday), receives a special light from Allah Ta’ala which is placed in his heart. This special light remains shining until the next Friday!
To understand this light, let us take an example. It is dark and you need help, just then someone gives you a torch. What will this do? This torch will give you light and guide you towards safety and with this, it will save you from falling and hurting yourself.
The same is true for this special light which Allah Ta’ala places in our hearts. It acts like a torch and guides us towards doing good actions until the next Friday.
So let’s read Surah Kahaf and get this light!
The second benefit of reading Surah Kahaf is that the reciter will be saved from the fitnah (trial) of Dajjal.
This test will be so difficult for every person that very few will be able to save their Iman. However, the person who reads Surah Kahaf every Friday will have no problems.
Think of it as a shield, if you have a big strong shield, no matter what someone throws at you, you will stand protected and safe.
Like this, Surah Kahaf will be your shield and no matter what false beliefs and lies Dajjal throws at you to fool you to leave Islam, you will stand strong and protected by this shield Insha’Allah.
So read Surah Kahaf every Friday no matter what!
Fun facts About Surah Kahaf:
In Surah Kahaf there are 4 main topics:
1. Trial of Faith – This is found in verses 9 till 26 where the people of the Cave (Ashabul Kahf) are mentioned.
2. Trial of Wealth –This is found in verses 32 to 44 in the story of the rich and the poor man.
3. Trial of Knowledge – This is found in verses 60 to 82 in the story of Musa alayhis salam and Khizar alayhis salam.
4. Trial of Power – This is found in verses 83-98 in the story of Dhul Qarnayn and Yajuj Majuj
Surah Kahf appears in the 15th and 16th Juz, it has 1,577 words, 6,360 letters and consists of 12 Rukus! Memorise these facts and you can impress your friends!