By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
A Life-changing experience through the verse of honour
On one occasion our beloved Nabi ﷺ went out for something. Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه was fortunate to be with our amazing Nabi ﷺ . He was in fact so fortunate that he says our beloved Nabi ﷺ held his hand and took him with him.
Along the way, the two of them passed by a companion. This companion did not look to be in a good state. Our beloved Nabi ﷺ asked this man what was wrong.
He replied complaining of ill health and misfortune.
Our beloved Nabi ﷺ told him that he would teach him some words which would remove this illness and misfortune. The words he taught him were:
تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلَى الْحَيِّ الَّذِي لَا يَمُوتُ
الْحَمْد لِلَّهِ الَّذِي لَمْ يَتَّخِذ وَلَدًا وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ شَرِيك فِي الْمُلْك وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ وَلِيّ مِنْ الذُّلّ وَكَبِّرْهُ تَكْبِيرًا
Sometime passed and again our beloved Nabi ﷺ happened to pass by this man. This time his condition had changed. He was very happy and looked in a very good way.
Our beloved Nabi ﷺ asked the reason for this sudden change.
He replied saying It was a result of abundantly reading the words our beloved Nabi ﷺ had taught him.
From this story we learn some very valuable lessons:
1) If we see someone in a sorry state we should ask them how they are.
2) We should try to offer help if we can.
3) If a pious person with reliable Islamic knowledge advises us to read something we should read it.
4) When we read sunnah duas with trust and belief in Allah Ta’ala they will definitely benefit us.
5) In this story we learn about a very special dua, which if read, will remove our difficulties and grant us good fortune. We should learn and read this dua abundantly.