Fun and Beneficial Facts!
Did you know? Umar ibn Khattab’s رضي الله عنه suggestions were liked by Allah Ta’aala on many occasions. So much so that up to approximately 15 of his suggestions were revealed in the Glorious Qur’an! Amazing right?
The Reward for Simple Words
Many good actions are extremely simple and easy to do, yet their rewards are huge. If we are clever, we will do these actions and quickly become very rich in the hereafter. One example of these very easy actions, with very great rewards is reading:
سُبْحَانَ اللهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ
(Allah is free from imperfection and His is the praise)
What are the rewards for reading these very simple words?
1. These words are very loved by Allah Ta’aala. (based on a hadeeth in Muslim)
2. Sins being forgiven and removed even if they are equal to the foam of the ocean. (meaning a very large amount) (based on a hadeeth in Bukhari and Muslim)
3. A palm-tree will be planted in Jannah. (based on hadeeth in Tirmidhi)
By adding a few extra words, the virtues are further increased!
1) A hadeeth in Sahih-al-Bukhari explains that the following words are loved by Allah Ta’aala, light on the tongue but heavy in the scales.
سُبْحَانَ اللِه وَبِحَمْدِهِ سُبْحَانَ اللِه الْعَظِیْمِ
Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, Subhan-Allahil-Azim
2) In a hadeeth in Sahih Muslim, Juwairiyyah رضي الله عنها (the wife of our beloved Nabi ﷺ) says, she was sat remembering Allah Ta’aala when our beloved Nabi ﷺ passed by after the morning prayer. When our beloved Nabi ﷺ returned either after sunrise or midday she was still doing this same action. Our beloved Nabi ﷺ said to her that he had read the following words 3 times since he left her and that these words are greater and more heavier (in the hereafter) than whatever she had said (for that entire time!). These words were:
سُبْحَانَ اللهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ عَدَدَ خَلْقِهِ، وَرِضَا نَفْسِهِ وَزِنَةَ عَرْشِهِ، وَمِدَادَ كَلِمَاتِهِ
Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, `adada khalqihi, wa rida nafsihi, wa zinatah `arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi
Note: These words are very special and rewarding because they are full of Praise and Glorification of Allah Ta’aala.