Memorise and practice a new hadeeth every week!
By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Always fear Allah
اتَّقِ اللَّهَ حَيْثُمَا كُنْتَ
Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said, “Fear Allah wherever you are.”
We all have times when we feel like doing something wrong. Some people get this feeling more than others, but everyone experiences this. It is what we do with this feeling that matters.
If we follow it and do something wrong, then Allah Ta’ala will be unhappy and a sin will be recorded in our book of deeds.
On the other hand if we control this feeling and stay away from the wrong action, then Allah Ta’ala will be very happy with us and we will also get reward.
The best way to control these wrong feelings is to always think of Allah Ta’ala and think that my Allah Ta’ala is watching me and he sees and knows what I am doing.
This is why our beloved Nabi ﷺ tells us in this hadeeth to fear Allah Ta’ala and think of Him wherever we are. As this is the only way we will be able to control ourselves and stay away from wrong.
So young children (and adults) the next time you feel like lying, cheating or doing anything wrong, remind yourself that our Allah Ta’ala is watching us.
Some benefits of following this hadeeth:
1) We will think of Allah Ta’ala at all times.
2) We will stay away from doing wrong.
3) We will come to realise we can not hide from Allah Ta’ala.
4) We will feel Allah Ta’ala’s closeness and worship him more.
5) We will ask His forgiveness more.
6) We will develop the amazing quality of taqwa in our hearts.