Etiquettes of Sharing Meals
Below are some general etiquettes we need to keep in mind when sharing meals:
1. The food must be halal.
2. The company is good, otherwise, it is better to eat alone.
3. There are no impermissible aspects to the group, such as gender mixing, alcohol, unlawful speech (backbiting, lying, obscenities), music etc.
4. Be considerate and think of others when eating. Give preference to others over yourself.
5. Wash your hands before eating and do not do anything that is off-putting to others during the meal.
6. If the food is of one type, then eat from your side of the plate. However, if there is a variety of food, then one may pick from different parts of the plate.