Etiquettes of Drinking
Below are some etiquettes of drinking:
1) To drink with the right hand.
2) To sit and drink.
3) Drink in 3 sips. Our beloved Nabi ﷺ said to drink in more than one sip.
4) Not to breathe into the vessel, cup or bottle you are drinking from. After each sip, move the cup from your mouth, breathe and then sip again.
5) To look into the vessel whilst drinking.
6) To recite بِسْمِ اللَّهِ (In the name of Allah) And when finished recite: الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ (All praise be to Allah Ta’aala).
7) Not to blow into any hot drink to cool it down.
8) To stand and drink Zamzam water or the leftover water after making wudhu (when using water from a container).
9) The person who serves others should drink last.
10) Read the dua after drinking milk and to rinse ones mouth as this is a sunnah.
اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَنا فِيهِ وَزِدْنَا مِنْهُ
Allahumma baarik lana feehi wa zidna minhu
O Allah! Bless us in it and give us an increase in it. (Tirmidhi)