Du’a for wearing clothes
Clothing is an essential part of our daily living and not only is it used to cover our bodies and allow us to remain modest, but it also helps us to keep warm and adorn ourselves.
It is therefore important that we show our gratefulness to Allah Ta’aala for this very great blessing.
So how can we thank Allah Ta’ala? Well, we can start by reading the following beautiful dua taught to us by our amazing Nabi ﷺ.
Dua when wearing clothes
الْحَمْدُ للهِ الَّذِي كَسَانِي هَذَا الثَّوْبَ وَرَزَقَنِيهِ مِنْ غَيْرِ حَوْلٍ مِّنِّي وَلاَ قُوَّةٍ
Alhmadulillahil ladhee kasaani haadhath thawba warazaqaneehi min ghayri hawlim minnee walaa quwwah
Translation: All praise is due to Allah who has clothed me with this garment and provided me with it without any effort or power of mine.
Download pdf and read every day before wearing clothes
Few benefits of this special dua:
1) We will be following a Sunnah of our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
2) We will be making zikr of Allah Ta’aala
3) We will be thanking Allah Ta’aala and as a result, Allah Ta’aala will give us more.
4) We will be humbling ourselves before Allah Ta’aala and reminding ourselves that everything comes from Allah Ta’aala alone.
5) As found in a hadeeth our past and future (minor) sins will be forgiven every time we read this dua after wearing our clothes! (Abu Dawood)