Du’a when in pain
We all have times when we fall ill or experience pain. It is not pleasant and sometimes can be very troublesome.
Medicine is usually a good way to help feel better but as Muslims, the first thing we should do is turn to Allah Ta’ala and ask His help.
Our beloved Nabi ﷺ advised, that a person who is ill or sufferings from pain should turn to Allah in the following way:
Dua when in pain
1) Place the hand on the place where there is pain.
2) Read ‘Bismillah‘ بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ three times
3) Recite (the following) seven times:
أَعُوذُ باللّٰهِ وَقُدْرَتِهِ مَنْ شَرِّ مَا أَجِدُ وَأُحَاذِرُ
A’udhu billahi wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajidu wa uhadhiru.
Translation: I begin in the name of Allah, I seek protection in Allah with His power from the evil of what I feel or fear. (Muslim)
After reciting this du’a we can also take medication as medication is sunnah too.
Insha’allah by this action of turning to Allah Ta’ala and following the sunnah practice of our beloved Nabi ﷺ any pain we feel will ease and we will find cure.
Benefits for reciting this Du’a:
1) We will remember Allah Ta’ala
2) We will remember Allah Ta’ala
3) We will act upon a Sunnah of our beloved Nabi Sallallahu alayhi wassalam
4) With Allah’s permission we will be granted Shifa
5) Allah Ta’ala will get happy with us and we become closer to Allah Ta’ala.