Memorise and practice a new hadeeth every week!
By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Guiding towards good
مَنْ دَلَّ عَلٰى خَيْرٍ فَلَهُ مِثْلُ أَجْرِ فَاعِلِهِ
Sayyiduna Abu Mas’ud ‘Uqbah bin ‘Amr Al-Ansari رضي الله عنه reports that our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said, “The one who guides (someone) towards (an act of) good will be rewarded just as the doer (of the good action) is rewarded.”
Calling people towards good actions is a very good action and brings lots of rewards.
From this hadeeth, we learn that if a person does a good action because of us, then Allah Ta’ala will reward us too.
Some say we will gain the same reward and some say we will gain a little less reward but the truth is, every reward from Allah Ta’ala is great.
What’s best is, this reward is free and every time the person carries out this action we will gain reward.
How to follow this hadith:
1) We need to acquire knowledge.
2) We need to share that knowledge with others.
3) Every opportunity we get, use it to invite friends and family to do good.
Remember: Be polite and caring when explaining to others.
Benefits of following this hadith:
1) We will gain a share in the reward of other peoples good actions.
2) While telling others, we will remind ourselves to do the good action too.
3) For as long as a person practices upon our advice we will be rewarded.
4) We will be a means of others doing good and going into Jannah Insha’allah.