Memorise and practice a new hadeeth every week!
By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
One believer is a mirror to another
الْمُؤْمِنُ مِرْآةُ الْمُؤْمِنِ
Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه reports that our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said, “One believer is a mirror to another.”
A Believer is always on the lookout for examples to help him become better and at the same time always wishes good for his fellow brothers and sisters.
In this Hadeeth our beloved Nabi ﷺ describes one believer as a mirror to another. This teaches us to allow others to be a mirror for us and help us better ourselves and likewise behave as a mirror for others and help them to improve too inshaallah.
How to follow this hadith:
1) Let your brother be a mirror for you, and ask him to freely tell what you can improve in.
2) Look at your fellow brothers good qualities and try to emulate them.
3) Be a mirror for others. When you see someone at fault then do not conceal it from them, rather inform them with love and care so they may correct themselves.
4) A mirror only shows faults to the person standing in front of it. It does not tell others. Likewise, keep the faults of others between yourself and then do not tell others.
Benefits of following this hadith:
1) We will be a complete believer.
2) We will learn from the good actions of others and improve.
3) We will see the faults of others and abstain refrain from similar actions.
4) We will be happy if someone points out our mistakes to us and not feel offended.
5) We will more easily be able to tell others if they are at fault as they will be happy you are telling them and helping them improve.