Once again Allah has given us Friday, which we know as Jumu’ah. This is the best day of the week so it’s only right that we do the best actions we can on this day.
Last few weeks we’ve been working on increasing our durood count and I hope we have been doing this. Let’s keep that up.
Surah Kahaf (New Action)
From this week let’s add something else to our actions for Friday; let’s start reciting Surah Kahaf.
Surah Kahaf is in the 15th juzz of the Glorious Quran and our beloved Nabi ﷺ has advised us to read it every Friday.
What are the benefits of reading this surah on Friday?
Let’s look at two benefits:
First of all the one who recites this Surah on Jumu’ah (Friday), receives a special light from Allah Ta’ala which is placed in his heart. This special light remains shining until the next Friday!
To understand this light, let us take an example. It is dark and you need help, just then someone gives you a torch. What will this do? This torch will give you light and guide you towards safety and with this it will save you from falling and hurting yourself.
The same is true for this special light which Allah Ta’ala places in our hearts. It acts like a torch and guides us towards doing good actions until the next Friday.
So let’s read Surah Kahaf and get this light!
Continued next week Insha’Allah.
Fun facts About Surah Kahaf:
Surah Kahf appears in the 15th and 16th Juz, it has 1,577 words, 6,360 letters and consists of 12 Rukus! Memorise these facts and you can impress your friends!
Sayyiduna Ali Ibn Abi Talib رضي الله عنه
Name : Sayyiduna Ali Ibn Abi Talib رضي الله عنه (Asadullah – The Lion of Allah)
Born : 23 BH (28 Years after Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ)
Demise : 40 H (29 Years after Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ)
Today we are going to learn about a great companion of our beloved Rasool ﷺ. He is best known as Hazrat Ali رضي الله عنه.
- Ali رضي الله عنه who was the son of Abu Talib (the leader of the Banu Hashim tribe in Makkah)
- Ali رضي الله عنه was only ten years old when Our beloved Nabi ﷺ recieved revelation.
- Ali رضي الله عنه accepted the call of our beloved Nabi ﷺ and he was honoured to become the first child to accept Islam.
- Ali رضي الله عنه underwent a lot of hardship due to accepting Islam but he remained steadfast and spent his entire youth in the service of Islam
- Ali رضي الله عنه was the first cousin of our beloved Nabi ﷺ. More than that, he had grown up in the our beloved nabi ﷺ’s own household and was blessed to be in the guardianship of our beloved Nabi ﷺ , he then later married our beloved Nabi ﷺ most beloved and youngest daughter, Fatima radhiallahu anha, and remained very close to our beloved Nabi ﷺ for nearly thirty years.
- Ali رضي الله عنه was known for his bravery, courage, humility, piety and his deep knowledge and understanding of the Glorious Qur’an which gave him the great distinction. Abu Bakr and Umar رضي الله عنهما used to take consultation from Ali رضي الله عنه because he was a man of knowledge and wisdom.
- His life was full of simplicity, he had no interest for this world and his heart was filled with the love and fear of Allah Ta’ala
- Our beloved Nabi ﷺ loved Ali رضي الله عنه dearly and called him by many fond names. Abu Turab (Father of Dust).
- Our beloved Nabi ﷺ also gave him the title of ‘Asadullah’ (‘Lion of God’).
- Ali رضي الله عنه played an important role in the hijrah when our beloved Nabi ﷺ asked Ali رضي الله عنه to sleep in his bed to impersonate him, while our beloved nabi ﷺ left his house safely at night and migrated to medina.
- When our beloved nabi ﷺ passed away he was only 33.
- Ali رضي الله عنه became the fourth Khalifa after Uthman رضي الله عنه and his reign lasted for almost 5 years He faced many difficulties during his caliphate. During this short span he resolved issues with great justice, distributed wealth among people fairly, cared for the poor, orphans, and the homeless. He was more like a compassionate father to the people than a mighty unapproachable ruler.
- Apart from the expedition of Tabuk, Ali رضي الله عنه fought in all the early battles of Islam with great bravery, particularly in the expedition of Khaybar. Due to his bravery he was given the title of the“Lion of Allah” Asadullah.
- He passed away at the age of 63 (On the 20th of Ramadhan, 40 A.H)
- Ali رضي الله عنه was martyred whilst in salah and he is buried in Iraq
May Allah grant Ali رضي الله عنہ a great amount of reward for all of his services to our beloved Rasool ﷺ and to deen and give us the ability to emulate these great companions
“Great Companions – Ali Bin Abi Talib رضي الله عنه”
Lesson of the Day by Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
The Strength and Bravery of Ali رضي الله عنه
From among the many great qualities of Ali رضي الله عنه, one was his strength and courage.
In the battle of Trenches, he was appointed commander to the Muslim Army. Our beloved Nabi ﷺ said before making him commander, “I will hand the standard to a man who loves Allah and His Rasool and is loved by Allah and His Rasool. He will come back victorious.”
Due to this battle, the non-Muslims had gathered an Army of 10,000 which included some of the finest warriors. Amr ibn Abd al-Wud was the best of them and he challenged the Muslims to a one on one combat. Ali رضي الله عنه bravely stepped forward wielding the sword named Zufiqar.
With one strike he defeated this legendary Arab warrior.
It was after this battle that our beloved Nabi ﷺ gave Ali رضي الله عنه the name, Asadullâh (أَسَـدُ الله), which means ‘Lion of Allah ’