This Weeks Sunnah
Sunnah of moderate eating
We all need food and drink to survive. Too little or no food at all can lead to ill health and even loss of life. Similarly, overeating can lead to many health-related issues and can again lead to a loss of life.
So what should we do? We must eat in moderation.
There is a Sunnah of our most amazing Nabi ﷺ which teaches us just this.
We learn from our beloved Nabi ﷺ that whenever we eat or drink, we should do the following:
1) Any food we eat should only be enough to fill 1/3 of the stomach.
Note: In the hadeeth we find encouragement to eat only a few morsels of food.
2) Any water, drinks or liquid item we drink should at most fill another 1/3 of the stomach.
3) 1/3 of the stomach should at all times remain empty.
Amazing and easy right?
By following this amazing sunnah:
● Everyone’s weight will automatically stay under control. So no need to find diet plans etc.
● We will feel more energetic and be more active throughout the day.
● Health will improve as many illnesses stem from the stomach.
● We will experience numerous physical and spiritual benefits.
● The digestive system will over time become stronger due to not needing to constantly overwork.
● Greed will decrease and we will become more grateful and generous.
● We will easily find the courage to regularly fast.