Memorise and practice a new hadeeth every week!
By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
A Believer doesn't make the same mistake twice
لَا يُلْدَغُ اَلْمُؤْمِنُ مِنْ جُحْرٍ وَاحِدٍ مَرَّتَيْنِ
Sayyiduna Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه narrates that our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said, “The Believer Is Not Stung (from the same place) Twice”
There are occasions we all make mistakes. Sometimes due to being careless, while other times due to ignoring the advices of others and sometimes the mistake is just unavoidable.
In any case, we learn from this hadeeth of our beloved Nabi ﷺ that a believer is smart and after having one bad experience, he will make sure to not go back there (to anything similar) again.
Benefits of following this hadeeth:
1) We will face less problems and trouble.
2) We will learn to be more alert and careful when doing something.
3) If we are clever we will listen to others and save ourselves from being stung (making a mistake) in the first instance.
4) We will stop feeling upset about the mistakes we make and do what’s most important; learn what to do to avoid making mistakes in future.
5) We will be an example of true believers.
6) We will be able to help others from being ‘stung’ by advising them to stay away from mistakes we’ve made.