Challenge 3 - Fill your own Shukr Jar
We have so many things to be thankful to Allah Ta’ala. In the Qur’an there is a verse which says:
وَإِنْ تَعُدُّوْا نِعْمَةَ اللهِ لا تُحْصُوْهَا
And if you were to count Allah’s (Ta’ala) favours, you will not be able to number them (count them all).
(Surah Nahl 16:18)
Meaning Allah Ta’ala’s favours are so many, we could never count them all.
To help us think of the favours of Allah Ta’ala, we will Insha’allah be filling a shukr chart!
1) Print out the jar activity sheet
2) Start thinking of all the good things you have. Think of your body parts, the people around you, religion, education, all the lovely things you have, food, clothes, transport, even simple things like shoes etc.
3) Every time you think of something you are grateful to Allah Ta’ala for, write it inside the jar and draw lines around it (to make It look like a slip of paper).
4) If you fill one jar, don’t worry, print another sheet and start filling your second jar.
5) Every time you write something say, Alhamdulillah.
6) Finally, once you finish writing, keep the jar nearby. Every time you think of something new write it down.