10 Amazing facts about fruits
The world around us is filled with the wonders of Allah Ta’ala’s amazing creations.
Let us look at fruits like we’ve never looked at them before and understand Allah Ta’ala’s greatness through these amazing facts about some fruits.
1) A strawberry has an average of about 200 seeds. A pomegranate can contain up to 1,000 seeds!
2) Tomatoes are a fruit (not a vegetable) and are the most popular fruits eaten around the world!
3) An apple tree can produce up to 400 apples a year!
4)Bananas have a natural anti-acid effect which can help soothe heartburn.
5) Each pineapple plant only produces one pineapple per year.
6) Jackfruits are the largest fruits which grow on trees. They can weigh up to 45kg each and have grown up to 4 feet.
7) Apples increase mental alertness and can deliver a more healthy energy boost, than a cup of coffee.
8) A half-cup of figs contains as much calcium as a half-cup of milk.
9) There are over 1,000 different varieties of bananas but only a few can be eaten.
10) Before water became so easily available, people used to carry around watermelons for water. Watermelons are 92% water and have thick skin which keeps water inside.