Memorise and practice a new hadeeth every week!
By Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Love for our beloved Nabi ﷺ
لا يُؤْمِنُ أَحَدُكُمْ حَتَّى أَكُونَ أَحَبَّ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ وَالِدِهِ وَوَلَدِهِ وَالنَّاسِ أَجْمَعِينَ
Our Beloved Nabi ﷺ said, “None of you will have (complete) faith till he loves me more than his father, his children and all mankind.”
We all have people whom we admire and love. It is natural to love people who are kind towards us, maybe beautiful or due to them having some special qualities or talents.
In this hadeeth, our beloved Nabi ﷺ tells us that to perfect our faith/Iman, our love needs to be directed towards our beloved Nabi ﷺ. Now, how much should this love be? Our beloved Nabi ﷺ says that He should be more beloved to us than our parents, our children and all of mankind.
How to love our beloved Nabi ﷺ
Loving our beloved Nabi ﷺ is quite simple. All we need to do is study his life and learn about him. By doing this we will learn:
1) He was the most beautiful.
2) He was the most kind, and he did so many favours upon us.
3) He was the most talented.
He was simply the best, the most amazing and the more we will study him the more we will fall in love with him, his teachings and his practices.
Shaykhul Hadeeth Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat Hafizahullah says:
To love our beloved Nabi ﷺ we should:
1) Study his seerah
(from our website read the section on Portrait of Perfection every week. This will be helpful)
2) Read durood in abundance. Send salutations upon our beloved Nabi ﷺ frequently. At least 300 times daily and increase on Friday.
3) Learn and practice his Beautiful sunnah’s. (Our ‘learn a sunnah’ and ‘memorise a dua’ lessons will help with this inshaallah).