Virtue 8 – Wearing Ihram for Umrah/Hajj from Al Aqsa
There are different places from which Ihram can be worn. Some more virtuous than others. In this hadeeth, we learn the virtue of wearing our Ihram from Masjid Al Aqsa and then performing our Umrah or Hajj.
As we find in a Hadeeth of our beloved Nabi ﷺ:
Umm Salamah رضي الله عنها relates that the Prophet ﷺ said: “If anyone puts on Ihram for Hajj or Umrah from Masjid Al-Aqsa and then proceeds to the Sacred Masjid (Al-Haram Makkah), his past and future sins will be forgiven, or he will be guaranteed Paradise”. (Abu Dawud)
This again shows us the special position Al Aqsa holds in the eyes of Allah Ta’ala.
Sayyidah Umm Habibah رضي الله عنها
Listen to “Great Companions Series – Sayyidah Umm Habibah رضي الله عنها ” by Mawlana Junayd Makda Sahib
Name: Sayyidah Umm Habibah رضي الله عنها
Born: 23 years after our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (30 BH)
Demise: 33 years after our beloved Nabi sallallahu alayhi wasallam (44 AH)
● Sayyidah Umm Habibah رضي الله عنها was the daughter of Sayyiduna Abu Sufyan رضي الله عنه and the sister of Sayyiduna Mu’awiyah رضي الله عنه.
● She was known for her respect, piety, thirst for knowledge and forgiving nature.
● Her name was Ramla, but she was mostly known as Umm Habibah رضي الله عنها (the mother of Habibah) due to her daughter Habibah.
● She first married Ubaydullah Ibn Jahsh who embraced Islam in the early years of Islam.
● After a few years of accepting Islam, they both performed Hijrah and migrated to Habsha (Abyssinia). A short while later Ubaydullah Ibn Jahsh left the fold of Islam (renounced Islam) and also tried to persuade Umm Habibah رضي الله عنها to follow, Umm Habibah رضي الله عنها remained firm and steadfast.
● After the demise of her husband, she was fortunate to marry our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
● She lived with our beloved Nabi ﷺ for many years and took the responsibility of the household and family of our beloved Nabi ﷺ.
● She had extreme love and care for our beloved Nabi ﷺ. She supported him immensely and was eager to practice upon the sayings of our beloved Nabi ﷺ and she would encourage others to do the same.
● After the demise of our beloved Nabi ﷺ, she lived for many years. During this time she stayed in Madinah and served Islam.
● Sayyidah Umm Habiba رضي الله عنها passed away in Madinah during the reign of Sayyiduna Muawiyah رضي الله عنه. She was 74 years at the time and she is buried in Jannatul Baqi.
May Allah grant her a lofty status in Jannah and may Allah Ta’ala accept all of her services to deen and reward her on our behalf
To be continued next week…
Insha’Allah next week we will cover the very special merits and qualities of this great companion رضي الله عنها